Hello School friends!
We have a new volunteer opportunity that is called “Artists-in-residence volunteer” that we are looking to fill with some teen volunteers. Perhaps you have a student that lives in close proximity to our hospital? Our objective is to bring the teens in-house to volunteer however, we can work with schools to have some projects completed at your site. Please see details below and thank you!
- Re-do Hospital Bulletin boards
- Help to create and design an image that will project the prescribed theme (such as ‘caring’)
- Build a list of craft supplies necessary to create the artwork
- Potentially shop with me for the supplies
- Create the image and place in the bulletin board
- Make Baby welcome signs
- Work with crafts to create the welcome baby signs that we subsequently hang on the new mother’s door with the new baby’s name and date of birth
- Keep art supplies current and organized
- Artistically inclined with proven skills working with crafting projects
- Able to work 2 to 3 hours per week
- Able to go through our volunteer orientation program onboarding (2 hr orientation, flu shot, TB test, reference letter)
- This job can be accomplished at any time and can accommodate teen availability such at 4 – 6 pm on any school night and weekends anytime (such that we can work a few teens into one group).
Supervisor, Volunteer Services
West Boca Medical Center
21644 State Road 7
Boca Raton, FL 33428