Happy Holidays to all of our followers! 2015 was a big year for Community Angel Network, and 2016 is bringing even more opportunities to expand.
Since May of 2014 when CAN was created, over 9,000 users from 97 different countries have viewed our website, giving us almost 29,000 page views in over 11,000 viewing sessions. Watching our impact on the community through Google Analytics is such a satisfying feeling, and it is amazing that we have been able to help so many people find places to volunteer.
We now have 130 nonprofit organizations listed in our online directory, with more waiting to be added. Additionally, we now have the Category Directors to help us maintain each individual category. These Directors are responsible for link maintenance and correspondence with their coordinating nonprofits, as well as expanding the category by searching out new nonprofits to be added. They are all high school students from Palm Beach County and are awarded volunteer hours for their services.
- Reesie’s Pieces of Love – collected pet food for a local pet food bank, Kibblez of Love. This ran from October 2014 – June 2015
- It’d Be A Waste to Waste Our Waste – benefitted Palm Beach Compost by helping grow produce for local food kitchens, which ran from February to March
- Reading is a Gift… Share It – collected almost 3,000 books that were distributed to 15 different local nonprofits, running from March to April
- Sprouting Hope at Grandma’s Place – collected supplies for Grandma’s Place, ran from May to August
- Palm Beach County Food Project – (ongoing), every other month, collecting nonperishable food items to benefit local food banks. Over the span of 2015, over 263 tons of food were collected. If you would like to be a part of this project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2016, there are going to be a lot of exciting new features coming to CAN. One of which is the new texting service that is currently in progress of being created. Through this, people will be able to register to receive text updates when new volunteer opportunities arise. This feature will be useful to high school students in need of community service hours. Additionally, we are offering the opportunity to local Palm Beach County businesses to partner with CAN. This will allow CAN to grow our community projects.
We are officially a 501(c) (3)! With the ability to receive tax deductible donations, we can create and fund more projects that benefit the community. We also will start scholarship funds for students that excel in volunteering, which all Category Directors and Project Managers will be eligible for. Please look for the Donate button on our website in early 2016.
Thank you once again for your continued support of Community Angel Network. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We are looking forward to a great new year!